The Egyptian Today, a home of the modern Egypt News
The Egyptian Today was launched in 2015. Since then it is proud member of the independent media community of Egypt. We cover wide array of topics including politics, economics, society and culture and sport events.
- New era of political fairy tales has begunBob Woodward, a journalist has written the book “Fear: Trump in the White House”. This book is a brave attempt to display the current president as a fool and unstable personality. There is some words about Egypt and American-Egyptian
- President appointed Coptic woman as Governor of DamiettaEgypt has performing outstanding steps to balance the genders in politics and economics. The current cabinet of ministers include eight women which is absolute record through the history. Women and especially Christian women are still a rarity. It
- Brits obsessed by the idea of poisonous gases, Egypt deniesAs investigation on the suspicious death of eldery couple in Hurghada’s Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel is ongoing the British press is speculating on the idea that John and Susan Cooper was killed by the gas of unknown origin in their hotel
- Sons of Mubarak arrested, stock sell off inducedSons of the long-term Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak, Alaa and Gamal Mubarak are arested on charges of stock market manipulations back to 2012. Yasser El Mallawany, non-executive vice chairman, board member of EFG-Hermes and Hassan Heikal, former
- Egypt to sell a minority stake in the Eastern CompanyState-owned Eastern Company is number one producer of the cigarettes and tobacco in heavy-smoking country. In an attempt to fix the budget government is selling a stake in it – 4.5 percents – to any who will show the interest. Advisor of
- Egypt lost legal battle with Union Fenosa GasUnion Fenosa Gas, the joint Eni and Spanish Naturgy company was forced to halt natural gas supplies to the Damietta facilities thus interrupting the cycle. It was back to the “Arab spring”, when Egypt’s own low gas supplies has
- Czech tourist reportedly killed by shark at Marsa AlamThere are unconfirmed reports about the killing of Czech tourist at the Marsa Alam resort. British press, particularly notorious at pointing out the Egypt’s fault is not swift in providing details of what happened. It’s what the majority
- Nasr City Zoo has made his path to history… with a paint over donkeysDonkeys are the cheapest and most abused animal in Egypt. So decision to paint donkeys to appear like zebra is really, really smart, decided the Nasr City Zoo decides. Everybody was impressed with the paint job, except certain Mahmoud Sarhan, some
- Elissa will be the only star at Beirut Holidays FestivalFamed Lebanese singer Elissa will perform a concert on August 10 as part of the Beirut Holidays Festival.
- Al-Salam to host Al-Ain and Al-Wehda matchThe United Arab Emirates have officially declared that Egypt will host the Arabian Gulf Super cup match of Al-Ain and Al-Wehda soccer teams. The game is scheduled 25 August and will be held at Cairo Al-Salam Staidum.
- His Majesty Salah shortlisted for FIFA Best players 2018His Majesty Salah is still at the Top. FIFA announced on Tuesday their shortlist of FIFA Player of the Year award and Liverpool’s Egyptian winger, Mohamed Salah, is among the nominees.
- Egypt will try to reach FIBA World Cup, – KhairyAl-Ahly basketball team manager, Tarek Khairy, believes that Egypt’s basketball national team includes a group of players that can lead the team to the 2019 FIBA World Cup in China.