The Egyptian Today, a home of the modern Egypt News
The Egyptian Today was launched in 2015. Since then it is proud member of the independent media community of Egypt. We cover wide array of topics including politics, economics, society and culture and sport events.
- Abdel Fattah al-Sisi and PM Netanyahu had secret meeting, media reportsContacts between Egyptian and Israeli leadership are always out of media attention as both sides try to keep them as discreet as possible. Due to unpopularity of the Israel in Egypt and vice versa all contacts between leaders are kept in secret.
- Italy is hopeful as investigation on Giulio Regeni death gets highest attentionGiulio Regeni disappeared on Jan. 25, 2016. His body with extensive signs of torture was found nine days later nearby the October 6 city. As Giulio was a beginner political journalist and studied the Egyptian trade unions and protest movement in
- Police kills five Hasm militants in ObourFive militants were killed and five more arrested during the police raid on the Hasm hideout in Obour city. Obour city is one of the Cairo suburbs, located 35 km to the north.
- Egyptian Private sector upbeat on economic reformsEmirates NBD has published Purchasing Managers’ Index for the Egyptian private economy. PMI is definitely positive and Emirates NBD assumes that is is positive mark for the entire economic agenda pushed by Egypt and the creditors, IMF and the World
- By IMF thoughts and prayers: Egypt’s foreign debt grown 10% in a yearAusterity programs tailored in IMF to curb subsidies for the poor and thus to lower the pressure on the troubled economy of the state. And as electrical bills are climbing, gas prices are soaring and overall cost of living is jumping. Poor families
- Egypt has bought wheat from Romania and RussiaGASC has selected the winners of previously announced tender for shipping of the wheat.
- Czech tourist reportedly killed by shark at Marsa AlamThere are unconfirmed reports about the killing of Czech tourist at the Marsa Alam resort. British press, particularly notorious at pointing out the Egypt’s fault is not swift in providing details of what happened. It’s what the majority
- Nasr City Zoo has made his path to history… with a paint over donkeysDonkeys are the cheapest and most abused animal in Egypt. So decision to paint donkeys to appear like zebra is really, really smart, decided the Nasr City Zoo decides. Everybody was impressed with the paint job, except certain Mahmoud Sarhan, some
- Elissa will be the only star at Beirut Holidays FestivalFamed Lebanese singer Elissa will perform a concert on August 10 as part of the Beirut Holidays Festival.
- Al-Salam to host Al-Ain and Al-Wehda matchThe United Arab Emirates have officially declared that Egypt will host the Arabian Gulf Super cup match of Al-Ain and Al-Wehda soccer teams. The game is scheduled 25 August and will be held at Cairo Al-Salam Staidum.
- His Majesty Salah shortlisted for FIFA Best players 2018His Majesty Salah is still at the Top. FIFA announced on Tuesday their shortlist of FIFA Player of the Year award and Liverpool’s Egyptian winger, Mohamed Salah, is among the nominees.
- Egypt will try to reach FIBA World Cup, – KhairyAl-Ahly basketball team manager, Tarek Khairy, believes that Egypt’s basketball national team includes a group of players that can lead the team to the 2019 FIBA World Cup in China.